MORNING PLENARY SESSION
7:00 am Registration Opens
8:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
- Danette Daniels Vice President Protein Degradation Platform, Foghorn Therapeutics
Exploring Clinical Study Design & Overcoming Safety, Toxicology & Resistance Concerns to Streamline Success within Clinical Trials
8:15 am Panel Discussion: Developing TPD Study Design for Preclinical Safety Assessment of Degraders
- Lucilia Mouriès Senior Scientific Program Manager, TPD Safety, Health & Environment Sciences Institute (HESI)
- Zoran Rankovic Director, Chemistry Centersy, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Stephanie Leuenroth-Quinn Pharmacologist, US Food & Drug Adminstration
- Sule Karaman Associate Director Preclinical Safety, Novartis
• Are current guidelines for assessing the safety of small-molecule therapeutics adequate – are there TPD specific risks?
• What is the current decision-making framework for assessing TPD safety risks, e.g. how to assess off-target degradation risks in vitro, and how to select preclinical safety species?
• Should safety assessment of PROTACs and Molecular Glues be different?
• TPDs fall within the regulatory framework of small molecules, yet there are differences between small molecules and TPDs – what are those differences and what developers need to think about differently? What are some additional considerations for nonclinical safety evaluation of TPDs?
• What are current nonclinical safety hurdles of TPDs and how to address them?
• “We’ve generated the data, now what? What to do with all the data? – challenges in data interpretation for decision making.
Keynote Session: The Emergence of Orally Bioavailable TPD Candidates
9:00 am Identification of Potent, Selective, Orally Bioavailable LRRK2 PROTAC® Protein Degraders for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Steven Sparks Senior Research Fellow, Arvinas
- Spotlighting orally bioavailable, brain penetrant PROTAC® therapies in development for the removal of disease-causing proteins as treatments for neurodegenerative diseases at Arvinas
- Demonstrating how activating mutations in leucine rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) predispose patients to the development of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and affect the course of disease progression in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Identifying and evaluating orally bioavailable, CNS penetrant LRRK2-targeted PROTAC® Protein Degraders
9:30 am Advancement of Degraders Targeting Key Chromatin Regulators Involved in Disease/Oncology
- Steve Bellon Chief Scientific Officer, Foghorn Therapeutics
- Progressing selective degradation of CBP and EP300 and their respective preclinical programs
- Highlighting planned expansion of Foghorn TPD platform and portfolio
10:00 am Driving Progress for an Oral BRD9 Bifunctional Degrader
- Joe Pariseau Director, Clinical Development Sciences, C4 Therapeutics
- Identifying potent, selective, and orally bioavailable BiDAC™ degrader of BRD9
- Showcasing a world-class degrader platform demonstrates effective degradation of previously undruggable target
- Presenting initial clinical data for dose finding escalation cohorts
10:30 am Expanding the Toolbox to Enable New Induced Proximity Mechanisms for Lysosome-Mediated TPD
- Kristin Riching Senior Research Scientist, Promega
• Highlighting the importance of cellular kinetics for understanding event-driven pharmacology
• Developing modular tools to induce degradation of membrane and extracellular proteins
• Revealing live cell assays to monitor and characterize MoA of novel degradation modalities
11:00 am Morning Break & Speed Networking
12:00 PM - 6:10 PM TARGET ID & HIT VALIDATION
Expert speakers in this track include:
Janssen, Orionis Biosciences, Pfizer, SyntheX, & More.
6:30 pm TPD Awards Ceremony & Drinks Reception
These awards aim to recognize up-and-coming researchers bringing innovation, new approaches and creative thinking to advance the field of targeted protein degradation; acknowledging their dedication and commitment to furthering understanding of this therapeutic approach towards otherwise intractable disease targets.
The winners of each award will be voted for and decided by you, the TPD community, and will be announced during the TPD Awards Ceremony.